Saturday, January 24, 2015

Etude House AC Clinic Cleanser, Toner, Gel Lotion Review



A new acne/ oily combination skin care line to review! I will be reviewing this lines foaming cleanser, toner and gel lotion. First glance at the packaging. The cleanser is in a plastic squeeze tube much like the other korean cleansers. This foaming cleanser is formulated with salicylic acid and claims to remove acne causing impurities to keep your skin clean all day.
After trying this foaming cleanser, my skin felt a bit tight, probably due to oil controlling properties, but my face did feel really clean and fresh. I do not really like the smell of this. It smells a little too artificial to me. I honestly like the smell of Naruko's tea tree line A LOT more. This product is also non-comedogenic meaning it will not clog pores, produce, aggravate acne and is dermatology tested. This is something i would use during the summer when my skin feels more oily but not during the winter when my skin is more dry. I would recommend this for oily/combination/acne type skin. 

Next is Etude House's AC Clinic Daily Toner. Also formulate with Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress  (a plant that claims to relieve stress, treats skin problems such as rashes, cuts and skin irritations)
claims to deliver trouble care and remove pore clogging residues. The product is in a glass  bottle.
 
Again, I am not into this smell, but it works pretty well for controlling oils. I have combination type skin and it goes on pretty well under makeup. I would say it makes my makeup last longer. This toner also gives a fresh feeling. Not sure how well it works on acne because i currently do not have any but for sure this toner does not clog pores. (This toner is also non-comedogenic)

Lastly is  Etude House's AC Clinic Daily Gel Lotion. Gel formula's tend to be better for combination, oily type skin and does not clog pores. Also in a glass bottle but it is difficult to get the product out. This gel lotion, also formulated with Salicylic Acid and Hinoki Cypress, claims to deliver trouble care, maintain oil secretion and moisture balance to supply trouble care and prevention.

 I really do not like the packaging for this product. I find these difficult to pour out and I have to shake the product really hard to get a proper amount. This is a light moisturizer. Usually gel types feel a bit lighter compared to emulsions or milky types. Absorption is quite fast and it makes my skin feel cool and fresh.  Definitely does not feel like enough moisture for me for night time but it is perfect for morning under makeup. It does not feel greasy and oil control is just OK. 

Pros: 
- Fights inflammation, acne, prevents acne
- Not irritating, soothing
- Mildly controls oils
- Light weight, does not clog pores

Cons: 
- Packaging (difficult to pour out)
- Smell

Overall:  7.8/10

Would I repurchase or recommend? For people who want oil control and a lightweight moisturizer that does not clog pores. This product is not very intense so i would recommend this for people with sensitive skin as well. Comparing wise, I would prefer Naruko's Tea Tree line.
I will review the Red Spot Balm and Treatment next.

No comments:

Post a Comment