Thursday, September 24, 2015

MacQueen New York Mineral CC Cushion Cover (REVIEW in C21)

Today i will be reviewing MacQueen New York's Mineral CC Cushion in shade C21. I have used this for around a week already and i can honestly say that I really like it. MacQueen is not a very wide known Korean brand. In fact, they are actually pretty new. Their brand description says "introduces the latest trend of New Yorkers which lead's the worlds trends and encourages women's confidence like "cat walk"... contains natural vitality and improves purifying power of pure skin and provides beauty to the inside of your skin with Pure Healing thearapy."This brand sells very affordable cosmetics from cushion pacts to eyeliners to eye shadows. I have also tried their pencil liners as well
and I think they are pretty good.

So back to the product, this cushion promises to provide moisture to the skin while cooling down the skin to control oil and minimize pores. This product also helps to provide excellent coverage, even out skin tone and gives skin a natural dewy glow. This CC Cushion also has high SPF (SPF 50PA+++) which is a big PLUS in my book. There are 2 type for this CC Cushion, one is regular with not as much coverage and then this one, a newer more updated version, with more coverage + added benefits.

The MacQueen New York Mineral CC Cushion uses a lot of natural plan extracts such as:
- Bamboo extract - Soothes, moisturizes and calms sensitive skin
- Aloe extract - soothes, moisturizes, helps inflammation, brightens scars
- Green Tea extract - anti- aging, moisturizing, soothes skin
- Chamomile Extract - soothes and moisturizes skin

I LOVE the dewy skin look, but my skin is already on the combination oily side (plus i have pores and a lot of blemishes) which if i used any products that gives a glow, after a few hours my face will look like if I just worked out. So it is AWESOME that I can find a product that helps to control oils while giving my face a subtle glow.

Another plus about this product is that it is Paraben free, mineral-oil free, benzophenone free, color dye free and free of animal oils (YAY!!!!)

In the Box
Out of the box
opened up



The sponge
Reminder, this CC Cushion DOES come with a Refill!!! The sponge on the inside that is soaked with CC cream is definitely not one of my favorites as it is a little difficult to get the product out. You have to press a little bit hard to get the product on the cushion puff.

Wondering about the coverage test? here it is
Super dark black eyeliner (from nature republic)

This is with 1 layer of the CC Cream

Here it is in better lighting, Pretty good for 1 layer!!!
The coverage looks really good already! Below is my bare face then with the cc cream on the right side of my face, then both sides.
My bare face, i have nothing on except eyeliner, brow makeup and some skincare. You can see more pores and my blemishes.

Here I applied on the right side of my face, which is your left. You can see the difference already, definitely a lot brighter looking, subtle glow and covers a bit of my dark circles.
Here it is in better lighting and you can definitely see the glow! Loving it!!


Applied on left side too~ Really loving the slight glow and my face definitely looks a lot brighter!
You really DO NOT need a lot of product for this cushion. A little bit goes a long way and it lasts for a pretty long time. I had it on from work till i got home (about 4-6 hours) and I did not need to re-apply. After a few hours my skin did get a bit oily, but you can use a primer underneath to make it last longer and I probably wouldn't recommend it to people who live in extreme hot weathers. This CC cushion did help to cover my pores though and I did not break out from it. So LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

PROS:
- High SPF
- Good Coverage
- Dewy skin
- Long lasting
- Covers pores
- Good ingredients

Cons:
- Only in 2 shades (I personally love lighter more paler shades)
- I don't really like the inside cc cream soaked sponge

Questions? Ask below!!!

You can get it here~!MacQueen CC Cushion

No comments:

Post a Comment